This is probably one of the quickest dinners you'll ever make! Also, it's perfect for those summer nights when you want to sit outside and fire up the grill! While it isn't quite a summer night yet, it's never too early to start the grilling goodness! These mushrooms are savory and so very tasty! The longer you let them marinate the better they will be!
All you need to do is whisk together the marinade...
Coat the mushrooms...
Let them marinate for 30+ minutes. Grill for 5 minutes on each side while sautéing some onions and then serve! (Note: For me, it is easier if one person can grill while one person sautés the onions.) You won't be disappointed!
Grilled Red Wine Balsamic Portobello Mushrooms
4 portobello mushrooms
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 red wine
1 tbs olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
fresh ground pepper & Himalayan pink salt to taste
1 red onion, sliced
1. Remove the portobello mushroom stems and gently wash the caps. Place in shallow dish.
2. Whisk balsamic vinegar, red wine, olive oil, garlic, and salt & pepper to combine. Pour over mushrooms and rub them in the marinade to fully coat. Place in fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Once you are ready to start cooking, preheat the grill over medium heat and a non-stick pan over medium heat.
4. Place the mushrooms on the grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Periodically brush the mushrooms with the marinade while cooking.
5. While the mushrooms are on the grill, add the onions to the pan, season with salt & pepper, and sautéé until translucent. They will need to be frequently stirred and will take about 10 minutes. (Note, you do not need oil to cook the onions because they will naturally release their own juices. If they start to stick to the pan, add a little water or vegetable broth to loosen them up.)ju
6. Remove the mushrooms from the grill, top with onions and serve with some fresh greens.