This recipe is so simple, so delicious, and a perfect reason to eat a yummy loaf of bread! Since this is such a quick dinner, it is pretty much a staple that we have once a week! I've also made it for guests a few times and everyone always seems to love it!
Butter Beans with Tomatoes & Spinach
1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 yellow onion, diced
fresh ground pepper & himalayan pink salt to taste
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp parika
1/4 tsp cayenne
2-3 bay leaves
2 15 oz cans butter beans
1 28 oz can whole pomodoro tomatoes
1 5 oz bag spinach
1. Heat oil in deep skillet or sauce pan over medium heat.
2. Add the onions, season with salt & pepper, and saute for a few minutes until soft.
3. Add garlic, paprika, cayenne, & bay leaves. Stir to combine.
4. Add the beans & tomatoes. Crush the tomatoes with a spoon.
5. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
6. Stir in spinach until wilted.
7. Remove from heat and serve with your bread of choice (we love this with rosemary sourdough bread from Whole Foods)!