This dip makes a great treat when you're looking to put out some snacks for company or if you need a midday munchie! I made this as a warm dip but you could skip the breadcrumbs and refrigerate to use as a cold dip or spread! Either way, it is nutritious and delicious! I think it's best served with homemade crostini (recipe coming soon!) but you could also serve with pita chips, crackers, or veggies!
Spinach & Sundried Tomato White Bean Dip
15 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (can sub any other white beans if needed)
1/2 cup fresh basil, tightly packed
2 tbs nutritional yeast
juice of 1 lemon
ground black peppper and Himalayan pink salt to taste
2 tbs olive oil, divided
1 large shallot, finely chopped
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
4 cups of baby spinach, tightly packed
3 oz sundried tomatoes (not in oil)
1/8 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
1 tsp dried oregano
1. Combine beans, basil, nutritional yeast, lemon, and salt & pepper in food processor until smooth.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbs of oil in skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic, season with salt & pepper, and sauté until soft and fragrant.
3. Stir in spinach until wilted. Add sundried tomatoes and cook another minute, then remove from heat.
4. Combine bean and spinach mixtures and spread in a baking dish.
5. Combine the remaining tbs of oil with breadcrumbs and oregano. Sprinkle on top of the dip.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until breadcrumb topping is golden brown.
7. Serve immediately with homemade crostini!