Tacos have the stigma of being an unhealthy food and they definitely can be, but when you're eating plant based tacos, they are actually good for you! These tacos are filled with beans, veggies, and avocado - all good for you foods!
Pinto Bean Tacos
1 yellow onion, sliced
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tbs chili powder
2 15 oz cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
corn tortillas or shells
diced tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, and hot sauce for topping
1. Combine everything, except pinto beans and toppings, in a skillet over medium heat.
2. Stir and let cook until onions are soft.
3. Add pinto beans, stir, and let cook for a few minutes until the beans are heated through.
4. Use a potato masher to break some of the beans and to thicken the mixture.
5. Remove from heat, scoop into tortillas/shells, and load up the toppings!