I absolutely love summer time for grilling. The flavors of grilled food are always so savory and tasty!
For this recipe, I wanted to come up with something that was a little spicy, a little tangy, and super delicious! I mixed together the sauce ingredients in hopes for this flavor profile and it did not disappoint!
If you're looking to eat more plant based meals but crave the flavors of BBQ, then this is the perfect recipe for you!
If you already eat plant based and are looking for new, delicious recipes, then this is the perfect recipe for you!
Basically, it's the perfect recipe for anyone who likes to grill!
Please give it a try and let me know what you think! And remember, if you're looking to start living a plant-based lifestyle but aren't sure where to begin, please reach out to me! I would be more than happy to offer my advice and support!
BBQ Eggplant Steaks
2 medium eggplants
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1 tsp fresh thyme
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
juice of 1 lime
1/4 tsp cayenne
1 tsp paprika
1. Heat grill over medium heat and lightly spray surface with grilling nonstick spray.
2. While the grill is heating, slice the eggplant vertically into 1/4 - 1/2 inch pieces.
3. Combine BBQ sauce, thyme, garlic, lime, cayenne, and paprika.
4. Place the eggplant slices and brush the tops with sauce and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Flip the eggplant, brush the other side with sauce, and cook for 5 additional minutes.
6. Remove from grill and brush with any remaining sauce if desired.