I'd like to start off by saying, we definitely eat rice. I think brown rice, wild rice, etc. are great foods to incorporate into a plant based diet, however, for this recipe, I wanted to try something a little different! Also, this is a great way for anyone who needs to eat gluten-free to still enjoy some yummy fried rice!
It's pretty easy to make! You can rice a head of cauliflower in your food processor or you can just buy a bag that is pre-riced (like I did!). Once you have everything prepared you start by sautéing the onion, peas, and corn in sesame oil.
Once softened, push them to one side of the pan, add a little more oil, and add your mashed tofu.
Let cook for about a minute and then add all your spices to the tofu!
Once your tofu has soaked up those spices and turns a yellow color, mix everything together! Then add cauliflower rice and coconut aminos and stir. Let cook for a few more minutes, garnish with chives, and serve!
We served ours with gardein mandarin crispy chick'n. It was delicious!
Fried Cauliflower Rice
1 tbs sesame oil
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup frozen corn
1 yellow onion, diced
4 oz tofu, drained and mashed
1 tbs nutritional yeast
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp red pepper flakes
pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 bag cauliflower rice or 1 head of cauliflower riced in food processor
1/4 cup coconut aminos
chopped chives for garnish
1. Heat sesame oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onions, corn, and peas. Cook until soft (about 2-4 minutes).
3. Move veggies to one side of the pan and add a bit more sesame oil to the bottom of the pan. Add tofu and cook for about 2 minutes.
4. Add nutritional yeast, turmeric, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and salt & pepper to tofu and cook for a few more minutes.
5. Combine everything that's in the skillet.
6. Add cauliflower rice and coconut aminos and cook another five minutes.
7. Garnish with chives and serve!