These mini muffins are a huge hit with my mini! They’re flavorful but have no refined sugar and are loaded with carrots so they’re perfect for breakfast, lunch, or a snack!
This is a great way to add some extra veggies into your little one’s diet (or your own)!
I like using carrot but you can definitely add other veggies, like zucchini. Just make sure to shred it! I used my Veggie Bullet but you can use a grater if you don’t have one. I hate shredding veggies so the veggie bullet comes in handy for me! It also comes with chopping and spiraizing attachments. They sell other attachments separately but I haven’t added to my collection yet!
I hope you give these mini muffins a try and let me know how your littles like them!
Whole Wheat Carrot Mini Muffins
Makes 24 mini muffins
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbs melted earth balance
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 carrots, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease two mini muffin pans with coconut oil. (I use organic coconut oil spray).
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Combine wet ingredients (not carrots) in a separate bowl.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir.
5. Gently fold in shredded carrots.
6. Spoon batter into muffin pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean!
Make sure you store these muffins in the fridge. You can also freeze them if you want to double the batch!